Layout list WYSIWYM

Daniel xracoonx at gmx.de
Fri Jul 24 16:13:15 UTC 2020

On 2020-04-14 09:47, Daniel wrote:
> On 2020-04-14 09:29, Daniel wrote:
>> On 2020-04-14 09:23, Daniel wrote:
>>> If I read correctly, then drop-down list items can be styled in Qt. I
>>> think it would look awesome and, more importantly, enhance finding
>>> items if the layout list would provide some of the WYSIWYM styles
>>> from the work area. I'd suggest font attributes and labeling.
>>>
>>> Attached is a mock-up of what this might look like.
>>>
>>> Daniel
>>>

>> There was some grayish background color. A nicer version is attached.
>>
>> Daniel
>
> Some more thoughts on the content of the items in the list:
>
> I guess the easiest way would be to always show
>
>      label + layout-name
>
> However, in some cases this leads to non-ideal results. For example,
> this would result in
>
>      Theorem 1. Theorem
>
> That's long and confusing. So, instead there needs to be an attribute,
> call it "LayoutListLabel", that allows the formatting if the layout list
> item should have a different content. I guess it would be enough to have
> a reference to the whole label (such as Riki's ## for PrettyFormat but
> more customization, which might also come to PrettyFormat soon, might be
> better). So, for the theorem environments it would be:
>
>      LayoutListLabel        "##"

Due to popular demand ;), and for the fun of it, I have made some steps
towards implementation. Attached is the visual result of these first
steps. I think looks nice and helps to more quickly find what one is
looking for. I'd be curious what you think?

Next step would be to try to figure out how to get the string with
counter and bullets. This would also make the stars (*) on the layout
names redundant.

Daniel