LaTeX-Compile errors with german Users Guide

Stephan Witt st.witt at gmx.net
Tue Jul 21 19:34:58 UTC 2020

Am 21.07.2020 um 21:20 schrieb Stephan Witt <st.witt at gmx.net>:

> Hi,
>
> I cannot compile the german Users Guide w/o errors anymore with master.
>
> Two errors are for broken references like this:
>
> Xindy error:  Cross-reference-target ("Nomenklatur}}}|hyperpage") does not exist!
>
> and tons of errors like that:
>
> Undefined control sequence.
>    \item  plus3\p
>                     minus7\p \abovedisplayshortskip \z plus3\p \belowdispla...
> The control sequence at the end of the top line
> of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have
> misspelled it (e.g., `\hobx'), type `I' and the correct
> spelling (e.g., `I\hbox'). Otherwise just continue,
> and I'll forget about whatever was undefined.
>
> and
>
> Extra }, or forgotten \endgroup.
>    \item Abkürzungen}
>                          }, \hyperpage{73}
> I've deleted a group-closing symbol because it seems to be
> spurious, as in `$x}$'. But perhaps the } is legitimate and
> you forgot something else, as in `\hbox{$x}'. In such cases
> the way to recover is to insert both the forgotten and the
> deleted material, e.g., by typing `I$}’.
>
> or
>
> Illegal unit of measure (pt inserted).
>  ...4.5}\selectfont  \abovedisplayskip 12\p pl
>                                                  us3\p minus7\p \abovedispl…
>
> The log file has a size of 1.1 MByte - too big to attach.
>
> Is it a problem on my system only? I’m using TeX Live 2020 on Mac.

The start of the many error messages in log file is with the bibliography.

[196] [197] (./UserGuide.bbl [198

]
chapter without number

Package hyperref Warning: Token not allowed in a PDF string (Unicode):
(hyperref)                removing `\leavevmode at ifvmode' on input line 1.

Package hyperref Warning: Token not allowed in a PDF string (Unicode):
(hyperref)                \kern 3.26286pt
(hyperref)                removed on input line 1.

) (./UserGuide.nls [199] [200

]) (./UserGuide.ind [201] [202

]
chapter without number