Fullscreen vs. reading mode

Pavel Sanda sanda at lyx.org
Mon Jul 20 20:49:02 UTC 2020

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 09:39:35PM +0200, Daniel wrote:
> Or maybe fullscreen functionality should be completely distinguished from
> the read mode. So one can choose either of them separately from the menu,
> e.g. one can even hide UI elements without entering fullscreen mode.
>
> I'd be happy to take a look at the implementation, if there are no
> objections. But please object if you see things differently.

I haven't yet understood what is the problem.
LyX has it's own, more configurable fullscreen mode and window managers
have their own generic version, e.g. my WM understand fullscreen as
maximize window and kill all window decorations.
Is your main issue merely that we call it fullscreen and not reading mode?