Filenames in xHTML output

Pavel Sanda sanda at lyx.org
Sun Jul 19 11:36:11 UTC 2020

Hi Riki,

when we export xHTML output, the exported images are in the form
"incrementnumber_path_to_the_image_imagefilename.png".

I'm strugling with two issues:

- the initial number is unstable - e.g. if you insert new fig in the document
  all subsequent ones suddenly get +1.  after several exports you get bunch of
  obsolete files which you need to manually delete after each update.

- the filenames tend to unnecesarily disclose directory structures (from what I
  see full path, not just relative  used.)

Is there some shortcoming if the filenames were hashes of the pictures
(or filename+hash so one can still makes sense of the files)?
It would help with both problems.