Compiling and using master on macOS

Daniel xracoonx at gmx.de
Thu Jul 16 00:01:22 UTC 2020

On 2020-07-15 22:40, Stephan Witt wrote:
> Am 15.07.2020 um 10:44 schrieb Daniel <xracoonx at gmx.de>:

>>> I’m not sure how you came into this trouble. I have the git binary in /usr/bin - this should be the original Apple utility installed by Xcode. I didn’t change anything either.
>>> How did you get your git clone? There must be something special with it. Perhaps you changed something with your git configuration in the past or you’re using a copy or network mount of a windows clone?
>>> Stephan
>>
>> I installed git a while ago before I installed Xcode because I wanted to have a look at the LyX sources and without having enough space for Xcode. I used brew or the macOS installer from https://git-scm.com/download/mac.
>>
>> I'll check which method I used when I am back on the MacBook. I will then try to remove the LyX git clone I have and re-clone. If that doesn't help, will try to uninstall whichever version I installed before I installed Xcode.
>>
>> The only other thing that I used git for is working in the cloud on files that I am using both on Windows and macOS. Maybe git recognized that the files where originally created on Windows and changed it's configuration automatically? But that seems unlikely.
>>
>> Daniel
>
> To print your current settings you may use this:
>
> $ git config --list
> credential.helper=osxkeychain
> user.name=Stephan Witt
> user.email=switt at lyx.org
> core.excludesfile=/Users/stephan/.gitignore_global
> core.precomposeunicode=true
> core.ignorecase=true
> alias.up=pull --rebase
> push.default=matching
> commit.template=/Users/stephan/.stCommitMsg
>
> Stephan

The command gave me:

% git config --list
core.excludesfile=~/.gitignore
core.legacyheaders=false
core.quotepath=false
mergetool.keepbackup=true
push.default=simple
color.ui=auto
color.interactive=auto
repack.usedeltabaseoffset=true
alias.s=status
alias.a=!git add . && git status
alias.au=!git add -u . && git status
alias.aa=!git add . && git add -u . && git status
alias.c=commit
alias.cm=commit -m
alias.ca=commit --amend
alias.ac=!git add . && git commit
alias.acm=!git add . && git commit -m
alias.l=log --graph --all --pretty=format:'%C(yellow)%h%C(cyan)%d%Creset
%s %C(white)- %an, %ar%Creset'
alias.ll=log --stat --abbrev-commit
alias.lg=log --color --graph --pretty=format:'%C(bold white)%h%Creset
-%C(bold green)%d%Creset %s %C(bold green)(%cr)%Creset %C(bold
blue)<%an>%Creset' --abbrev-commit --date=relative
alias.llg=log --color --graph --pretty=format:'%C(bold white)%H
%d%Creset%n%s%n%+b%C(bold blue)%an <%ae>%Creset %C(bold green)%cr (%ci)'
--abbrev-commit
alias.d=diff
alias.master=checkout master
alias.spull=svn rebase
alias.spush=svn dcommit
alias.alias=!git config --list | grep 'alias\.' | sed
's/alias\.\([^=]*\)=\(.*\)/\1\	 => \2/' | sort
include.path=~/.gitcinclude
include.path=.githubconfig
include.path=.gitcredential
diff.exif.textconv=exif
credential.helper=osxkeychain
filter.lfs.required=true
filter.lfs.clean=git-lfs clean -- %f
filter.lfs.smudge=git-lfs smudge -- %f
filter.lfs.process=git-lfs filter-process
user.name=<name>
user.email=<email>
core.autocrlf=input

This looked like a lot more stuff than you have and homebrew did not
show the package. So, probably I installed it manually or it was
installed together with the GitHub Desktop app or so. So, I uninstalled
git using:

/usr/local/git/uninstall.sh

After that I have:

% git config --list
credential.helper=osxkeychain
filter.lfs.required=true
filter.lfs.clean=git-lfs clean -- %f
filter.lfs.smudge=git-lfs smudge -- %f
filter.lfs.process=git-lfs filter-process
user.name=<name>
user.email=<email>
core.autocrlf=input

So, apparently there were two versions of git installed. Still looks
different from yours. But maybe closer.

So, I thought it made sense to get a fresh lyx git clone via

% git clone git://git.lyx.org/lyx

Unfortunately, after successfully running autogen.sh, the result is
still the same:

% sh ../../lyx/configure --enable-warnings --enable-optimization=-Os
--with-x=no --disable-stdlib-debug
--with-qt-dir=/Users/dram/Qt/5.9.9/clang_64/bin
--prefix=/Applications/LyX-Dev
configuring LyX version 2.4.0dev
checking for build type... development
checking for version suffix...
checking whether Qt5 is disabled... no
checking build system type... x86_64-apple-darwin19.5.0
checking host system type... x86_64-apple-darwin19.5.0
checking target system type... x86_64-apple-darwin19.5.0
checking what packaging should be used... macosx
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... yes
checking whether make supports nested variables... yes
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /opt/local/bin/ginstall -c
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /opt/local/bin/gmkdir -p
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... no
checking for awk... awk
checking whether UID '502' is supported by ustar format... yes
checking whether GID '20' is supported by ustar format... yes
checking how to create a ustar tar archive... gnutar
checking for a Python interpreter with version >= 2.7.0 or 3.5.0... python3
checking for python3... /Users/dram/opt/anaconda3/bin/python3
checking for python version... 3.7
checking for python platform... darwin
checking for python script directory...
${prefix}/lib/python3.7/site-packages
checking for python extension module directory...
${exec_prefix}/lib/python3.7/site-packages
checking whether make supports the include directive... yes (GNU style)
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether gcc understands -c and -o together... yes
checking for ar... ar
checking the archiver (ar) interface... ar
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking whether the compiler is clang... yes
checking for clang version... 11.0.0
checking for at least C++11 mode... -std=c++14
checking whether STL is libstdc++... no
checking whether STL is libstdc++ using the C++11 ABI... no
checking for correct regex implementation... yes
checking for std::call_once availability... yes
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU Objective C compiler... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
checking for extra library directory... NONE
checking for extra include directory... NONE
checking for extra lib+include directory... NONE
checking for main in -lshlwapi... no
checking for main in -lpsapi... no
checking for main in -lgdi32... no
checking for main in -lole32... no
checking whether to use included boost library... yes
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /usr/bin/grep
checking for egrep... /usr/bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... no
checking whether printing callstack is possible... (cached) yes
checking whether make_unique is defined by header memory... no
checking size of wchar_t... 4
checking for wchar_t... yes
checking for unsigned long long int... yes
checking for long long int... yes
checking for ld used by GCC...
/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/ld)
is GNU ld... no
: command not found library run path origin...
../../lyx/config/config.rpath: line 21:
: command not foundnfig.rpath: line 27:
: command not foundnfig.rpath: line 32:
: command not foundnfig.rpath: line 37:
: command not foundnfig.rpath: line 39:
'./../lyx/config/config.rpath: line 40: syntax error near unexpected
token `do
'./../lyx/config/config.rpath: line 40: `for cc_temp in $CC""; do
done
checking for iconv... yes
checking for working iconv... yes
checking how to link with libiconv... -liconv
checking for iconv declaration...
          extern size_t iconv (iconv_t cd, char * *inbuf, size_t
*inbytesleft, char * *outbuf, size_t *outbytesleft);
checking whether to use included iconv library... no
checking whether to use included zlib library... no
checking zlib.h usability... yes
checking zlib.h presence... yes
checking for zlib.h... yes
checking for gzopen in -lz... yes
checking whether to build dv2dt and dt2dv... no
checking magic.h usability... no
checking magic.h presence... no
checking for magic.h... no
checking for pkg-config... /opt/local/bin/pkg-config
checking for QT_CORE... checking for QT_FRONTEND... checking for X...
disabled
checking for Qt library name... failed, retrying with Qt4
checking for QT_CORE... checking for QT_FRONTEND... checking for X...
disabled
checking for Qt library name... (cached) failed
configure: error: cannot compile a simple Qt executable. Check you have
the right $QTDIR.

Daniel