Bug in master (related to docbook changes?)

Jean-Marc Lasgouttes lasgouttes at lyx.org
Sat Jul 11 18:15:26 UTC 2020

Le 11/07/2020 à 20:08, Kornel Benko a écrit :
> Cmake does not have a maintainer mode (and I do not understand its consequences).

Indeed, forget about this one.

> I can try to change the behaviour to what you like. As of now,
> very little depends on release. Most settings are independent.
> But in automake one can also for instance create the release version
> together with stdlib-debug or --disable-optimization (am I mistaken?)

The idea is that configuring the build should pick a good set of
options. One should be able to run a plain cmake in default cases.

The set of options is as follows. One can see the build types as option
profiles. Excerpt from INSTALL file:

                       release   prerelease  development profiling gprof
     optimization        -O2         -O2         -O         -O2     -O2
     assertions                       X           X
     stdlib-debug                                 X
     warnings                         X           X
     debug                            X           X           X       X
     maintainer-mode                              X

     The defaults are as follows in terms of version number
     release: stable release (2.x.y)
     prerelease: version number contains `alpha', `beta', `rc' or `pre'.
     development: version number contains `dev'.

     The `profiling' build type uses the -fno-omit-frame-pointer option
with gcc

     The `gprof' build type compiles and links with -pg option with gcc.

JMarc