New DocBook support (0004)

Thibaut Cuvelier dourouc05 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 00:38:50 UTC 2020

On Sun, 5 Jul 2020 at 02:16, Thibaut Cuvelier <dourouc05 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 4 Jul 2020 at 14:39, Pavel Sanda <sanda at lyx.org> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Jul 04, 2020 at 12:42:31AM +0200, Thibaut Cuvelier wrote:
>
> > Nothing is set as "Default output format" either (and the dropdown list
>> only
>> > shows Default and LyXHTML ??? this version of LyX doesn't seem to find
>> my
>> > LaTeX installation???).
>>
>> We can look later. I am now stuck with the outputformat thing. I looked
>> at the
>> code and it's scattered all over the place, but it's difficult to find
>> piece
>> of code which does actually something useful based on this variable.
>> Do you still need functionality like that of
>> GuiRef::nameAllowed/typeAllowed ?
>>

> No, these are no more useful. Actually, the type now gets translated into
> DocBook, so it does not really make sense not to show it in some cases. I
> can't find what GuiRef::nameAllowed actually refers to…
>
> The goal is really to have a standard LyX document (i.e. almost nothing
> specific to DocBook), but still be able to output DocBook files and retain
> as much as possible of LaTeX/LyX feature set. (LyX is not a DocBook editor,
> doesn't have the required concepts, they are very far away from the current
> editor and its philosophy, and there is already excellent software to edit
> DocBook.)
>
> Therefore, I suppose that a lot of this code can be deleted.

Here are three supplementary patches that remove these parts. I preferred
to keep the commits atomic. They are supposed to be applied on top of all
the other commits, but it should be fine after #4 (i.e. not tested).
The only references to reference name I could find were in comments in
LaTeX output code, saying it should not be used because it is
DocBook-specific…