New DocBook support (0004)

Pavel Sanda sanda at lyx.org
Sat Jul 4 12:38:15 UTC 2020

On Sat, Jul 04, 2020 at 12:42:31AM +0200, Thibaut Cuvelier wrote:
> > > 2) lyx_2_4.py:
> > > >

> > > Is there any notion of "default output" in LyX?
> > >
> > > Before, this parameter was used to enable DocBook support. This support
> > is
> >
> > Could be wrong but my reading was that's not enabling docbook, but setting
> > docbook as default output format.
>
> I tried the existing code. Creating a new DocBook document from the template
> does not set \outputformat, so it's not required to generate a DocBook file.

You are right, \outputformat has nothing to do with default output format.
Which brings me to the initial question, how \outputformat ends up in .lyx file
at all that we need to remove it?
What one needs to set in GUI to get \outputformat in .lyx file?
Have you seen .lyx file which contains that line?

> Nothing is set as "Default output format" either (and the dropdown list only
> shows Default and LyXHTML ??? this version of LyX doesn't seem to find my
> LaTeX installation???).

We can look later. I am now stuck with the outputformat thing. I looked at the
code and it's scattered all over the place, but it's difficult to find piece
of code which does actually something useful based on this variable.
Do you still need functionality like that of GuiRef::nameAllowed/typeAllowed ?