New DocBook support (0004)

Thibaut Cuvelier dourouc05 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 14:07:20 UTC 2020

On Thu, 2 Jul 2020 at 16:24, Pavel Sanda <sanda at lyx.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 06:56:04PM +0200, Thibaut Cuvelier wrote:
> > (This is a follow-up to https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/8444, cleanly
> > divided in several patches and reviewed by Guillaume.)
>
> So I see several issues in patch 0004 (some issue seem to stem
> from the fact the separation between 0004-0005 was not clear)
> Maybe the clear separation is not possible and merging them
> will lead to less problems.
>
> 1) OutputParams::DOCBOOK5 is used, but not defined.

Well, then it's there one commit in advance :)! Similarly, there's already
a fontToDocBookTag function that is only used by commit #5.

2) lyx_2_4.py:
>    You remove \outputformat docbook from header, but why?
>    If someone had this as default output wouldn't he intend to use docbook5
>    as default now?

Is there any notion of "default output" in LyX?

Before, this parameter was used to enable DocBook support. This support is
now enabled for all documents, meaning that the parameter is no longer
useful: the parameter could still remain there for a few thousands years,
but it will not be used as soon as the next patch (#5) gets merged. The
user can still go in File > Export > DocBook to get a DocBook file, as
before.

> 3) Whenever you increase LYX_FORMAT_LYX you should add entry to
>    development/FORMAT explaining what this change is.
>    What is the reason for increasing .lyx format actually?

I've explained this in the new version of the patch. It's just to keep
things clean.

> 4) If someone used now removed tag Head/Element in
>    Document->Settings->Local Layout
>    will those be deleted in lyx2lyx conversion?
>    (I dunno whether lyx2lyx calls layout2layout, please check)

5) If someone uses docbookattr/docbooktag in local layout and decides to
>    export file from lyx 2.4 to lyx 2.3, shall/will those be removed?

No, no conversion is performed (as indicated by José). It looks like this
is an existing problem in LyX, though. If LyX complains when seeing unknown
tags, they should get removed. I think it's just a warning in the console
right now, so they might be kept in case the user gets back to 2.4.