Text selection does not work as expected

Daniel xracoonx at gmx.de
Fri Jul 3 09:11:47 UTC 2020

On 2/7/20 16:27, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> Le 02/07/2020 à 15:43, Daniel a écrit :
>> When I double (triple) click on text, instead of the word (line), only
>> the word (line) left to the cursor is selected. I don't remember
>> seeing this before. Can someone reproduce?
>
> I cannot reproduce. Master or 2.3?
>
> JMarc

I see. So, here is some more info and testing:

LyX Version 2.3.5.2
(25 June 2020)
Qt Version (run-time): 5.12.5
Qt Version (compile-time): 5.12.5

Windows 10 1909.

I noticed that the selection works fine when I use an external mouse
instead of the intrernal trackpad (Surface Pro). The problem is
restricted to LyX's work area. No other program I tested exhibits the
problem, including Scribus (Qt 5.9.7).

I attached a screen recording just to make sure we talk about the same
thing. (Unfortunately, the mouse cursor and clicks are not recorded.)

Daniel