New DocBook support (0004)

Pavel Sanda sanda at lyx.org
Thu Jul 2 14:23:48 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 06:56:04PM +0200, Thibaut Cuvelier wrote:
> (This is a follow-up to https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/8444, cleanly
> divided in several patches and reviewed by Guillaume.)

So I see several issues in patch 0004 (some issue seem to stem
from the fact the separation between 0004-0005 was not clear)
Maybe the clear separation is not possible and merging them
will lead to less problems.

1) OutputParams::DOCBOOK5 is used, but not defined.

2) lyx_2_4.py:
   You remove \outputformat docbook from header, but why?
   If someone had this as default output wouldn't he intend to use docbook5
   as default now?

3) Whenever you increase LYX_FORMAT_LYX you should add entry to
   development/FORMAT explaining what this change is.
   What is the reason for increasing .lyx format actually?

4) If someone used now removed tag Head/Element in
   Document->Settings->Local Layout
   will those be deleted in lyx2lyx conversion?
   (I dunno whether lyx2lyx calls layout2layout, please check)

5) If someone uses docbookattr/docbooktag in local layout and decides to
   export file from lyx 2.4 to lyx 2.3, shall/will those be removed?

Thanks,