Drop QT4 from master

Pavel Sanda sanda at lyx.org
Mon Dec 28 20:29:02 UTC 2020

On Mon, Dec 28, 2020 at 07:04:35PM +0100, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
> Am Montag, dem 28.12.2020 um 19:00 +0100 schrieb Pavel Sanda:
> > But this position gets weaker as we do not seem to get closer to the
> > actual release, I know.
>
> This is what we should really aim at, actually (independent of the qt
> question).

Well, it's connected. If there is push towards 2.4 I'll try to defend
qt4, but if we have no manpower to do it in foreseeable future, lets
have refactoring hell break loose ;)

It's hard to believe, but looking back at the archives we had the 2.4
release-manager decision in May 2019 and first alpha1 thread in June 2019 :)

JMarc, what is your situation nowadays? Is it still feasible for you
to do the relase or shall we restart the whole discussion again?