Drop QT4 from master

Pavel Sanda sanda at lyx.org
Mon Dec 28 18:00:26 UTC 2020

On Mon, Dec 28, 2020 at 06:51:42PM +0100, Thibaut Cuvelier wrote:
> > So the question is: Can we drop support for QT4 in master?
> > Or has someone a better sollution?
> >

> Given that Qt 6 is now out, and that Qt 4 has been unmaintained for roughly
> five years (
> https://www.qt.io/blog/2014/11/27/qt-4-8-x-support-to-be-extended-for-another-year),
> it would make sense.

I still compile with qt4 under one of my systems and we IIRC had exactly this debate
with Kornel couple months back.
The agreement was that dropping qt4 support just before the end of a release cycle
is not wise, given that the whole 2.4.x release could work on old systems then.

But this position gets weaker as we do not seem to get closer to the actual release, I know.