Mac Binary with Qt 5.12.9

Stephan Witt st.witt at gmx.net
Sun Dec 6 16:36:07 UTC 2020

> Am 06.12.2020 um 16:33 schrieb Joel Kulesza <jkulesza at gmail.com>:
>
> On Sat, Dec 5, 2020 at 6:44 PM Richard Kimberly Heck <rikiheck at lyx.org> wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> Due to bug #12042 (https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/12042), Stephan Witt
> has produced an OSX package built with Qt 5.12.9. This is a more
> up-to-date version of Qt than we've been using. If the package works
> well, then we'll replace the binary for 2.3.6 with it. But first, we
> need to make sure it works well! We don't expect there to be any
> problems, but you never know. Could some brave souls test it out and let
> us know how it works?
>
> It can be found here:
>
>     http://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/devel/lyx-2.3/
>
> Riki
>
> I'm happy to test, and will report back when I've done so.  Is there any (mis)behavior I should be on the lookout for?

No, I’m not aware of any specific problem. The difference between this one and the previous version is the Qt library version only. I simply had no chance to use this library version with LyX 2.3.x yet.

Problems may arise with document presentation and ui effects only. The LyX code ist the same.

The probability of show stoppers is very low. The library version 5.12.9 should be stable.

Thanks for testing.

Stephan