Preference to disable input completion?

Pavel Sanda sanda at lyx.org
Tue Dec 1 11:27:48 UTC 2020

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 05:54:27PM -0500, Maria Gouskova wrote:
> I saw a similar discussion on lyx-devel a while back about enabling
> continuous spellcheck by default, and I almost jumped in with a "please god
> no". This sort of behavior and bloat is what sent a lot of us running away
> from "word processors" back in the early 2000's, and even in MS Word there
> is a way to turn all that stuff off.

Yep, that was the major point why we left continuous spellcheck off years back.

Now it seems that you missed the new thread about continuous spellcheck from
one month back where left wing of devs come up with the reasoning that many
users won't get idea about existing spellcheck in lyx unless it's on by
default.

I do not remember whether the patch made it into 2.4 or its pending.