display of $int...$ under QT5

Enrico Forestieri forenr at lyx.org
Mon Aug 31 20:11:56 UTC 2020

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 07:08:31PM +0200, Pavel Sanda wrote:

> At this moment I would like to ask other people on this list, whether
> they can sucesfully load fonts/test/check_glyphs.lyx and display
> esint glyphs (in particular oiint and alignment of limits around \int)
> in any Qt >= 5.12.7 to check whether this is systemic problem or
> something related to openSuse packaging.

I have no issues with Qt 5.15.0. From the screenshots, it seems that
a wrong font is loaded. I suggest running "lyx -dbg font", load a
document with an integral sign and watch for the loading of esint10.
If one gets
frontends/qt/GuiFontLoader.cpp (205): Looking for font family esint10 ...
frontends/qt/GuiFontLoader.cpp (188): got: esint10
frontends/qt/GuiFontLoader.cpp (195):  got it
frontends/qt/GuiFontLoader.cpp (215): lyx!

then it's the correct font. But if it does not say "lyx!", another
font (not the one distributed with lyx) is being loaded.

The following command might shed some light on which font file is used:
fc-match -v esint10 | grep file:

--
Enrico