Hebrew Article with LuaTeX: DavidCLM not found (but succeeds with XeTeX)

Jürgen Spitzmüller spitz at lyx.org
Sat Aug 29 10:19:42 UTC 2020

Am Samstag, den 29.08.2020, 02:20 -0400 schrieb Scott Kostyshak:
> If I compile lib/templates/Articles/Hebrew_Article_%28KOMA-
> Script%29.lyx
> with LuaTeX I get an error that DavidCLM font is not found, even
> though
> LyX compiles the document successfully with XeTeX, and it shows that
> DavidCLM is installed on my system in Document > Settings > Fonts.

luaotfload does not find "DavidCLM". In fact, at least on my system,
there is no such font, only "DavidCLM Medium" (and other shapes). This
one is found. Apparently, luaotfload cannot infer from the one to the
other.

As opposed to LuaTEX, XeTeX also queries TEXMF so maybe it just finds
its font there.

Jürgen