lyx2lyx roundtrip test failing with BibTeX errors

José Abílio Matos jamatos at lyx.org
Wed Aug 26 11:14:49 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 25 August 2020 17.40.51 WEST Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> I'm guessing this happens because we export ERT/preamble stuff in the
> backwards conversion, and in the forwards conversion we (understandably)
> do not take into account the ERT. Unless anyone wants to take a closer
> look, I plan to invert the test (i.e., mark in the ctests that we expect
> this test to fail), especially since it is regarding 2.2.x and not even
> 2.3.x.
>
> Scott

You are right, as soon as ERT enters the backport the roundtrip test becomes
doomed. Yes, it can work but and yes sometimes we could improve the ERT
(probably in convoluted ways) to simplify a later forward conversion but it is
not worth the cost-benefit of such work.

IMHO, of course. :-)
--
José Abílio