display of $int...$ under QT5

M.B. Schiekel mb.schiekel at arcor.de
Tue Aug 25 09:22:01 UTC 2020

Am 24.08.20 um 18:02 schrieb Jean-Marc Lasgouttes:
>> After a longer discussion here I found, that the cause of this problem
>> was the interaction of LyX with QT5-Qt-5.9.4. Then I compiled LyX with
>> QT4 and this workaround was fine for me.
>> Now with LyX 2.3.5.2 there is the same problem with QT5-5.12.7 and again
> Unfortunately, it is not my failing memory that prevented from fixing
> the bug. Since I cannot reproduce it, it is difficult for me to do
> something about it.
>
> Let's start by a shot in the dark: does it make a difference to set the
> environment variable QT_HARFBUZZ to "old" ?
>
> Even if it does, I suspect it will not be enough for a long-term fix.
>
> Did I understand correctly that you can compile LyX? Does it mean that
> you can try a patch too? A possibility is that Qt does not like (ass
> Pavel noted) to have a font with a character at position 1 (which is
> where \int lives in esint10 font). We would have to duplicate the
> character somewhere else in the font.

Hi Jean-Marc,

thank you for your kind reply. This morning I tried to compile LyX
2.3.5.2 with your suggested environment-variable
  export QT_HARFBUZZ=old ,
and yes, it works, all integral-signs are Ok.

> Did I understand correctly that you can compile LyX? Does it mean that
> you can try a patch too?
Well, I can compile LyX. Concerning an patch I can try - depends if this
patch will automatically change the sources, because I don't want to
make changes in the sources by hand :-)

So far, so good. And many thanks for all your wonderful LyX-work!
bernhard

--
Homepage: https://www.mb-schiekel.de/
GnuPG: http://p80.pool.sks-keyservers.net/