Layout list WYSIWYM

Daniel xracoonx at gmx.de
Wed Aug 19 07:39:55 UTC 2020

On 2020-08-18 10:14, Daniel wrote:
> On 2020-08-17 11:04, Daniel wrote:
>> On 2020-08-17 10:59, Daniel wrote:
>> ps. The patch is changing often. Currently, the layout box look as the
>> attached screen capture (on macOS).
>
> I have a serious question for everyone who voted (for and against the
> inclusion):
>
> Have you tried the patch while working in LyX for some time before
> casting the vote?

Just to clarify my intentions: I was honestly interested in whether
people have tried the patch or not. I did not mean to say that people
*should* have tried the patch. Not even in case someone voted. I know
people don't have the time or interest to try every patch posted here.
And that's totally fine. However, I think in that case leaving more time
for people who are actually interested to discuss is a good idea. And
things are particularly slow at the moment I guess due to holidays and
COV-19 related issues. Anyway, I just wanted to make sure that I did not
mean people to do things they don't want to. However, I tend to argue
about things if I disagree. That might not be everyone's cup of tea. I
never mean to force people accept my position. I accept if someone just
disagree. But I prefer it if I can better understand why.

It seems a bit tricky to get reaction on the list by those who are
interested to respond without some others who are not really interested
in discussion feeling called upon as well. I guess the problem is that
if they do not pitch in then it might be said or thought "Why haven't
you said earlier that you are against it?" I am not sure how to solve
that problem. One solution might be to move initial discussions about
patches to the bug tracker. There many people don't get automatic
updates and hence the problem is circumvented.

Daniel