Voting (was Re: Layout list WYSIWYM)

Daniel xracoonx at gmx.de
Mon Aug 17 11:42:32 UTC 2020

On 17/8/20 12:53, Kornel Benko wrote:
> Am Mon, 17 Aug 2020 12:45:44 +0200
> schrieb Jürgen Spitzmüller <spitz at lyx.org>:

>>> Thanks a lot for your feedback. Here are my initial, maybe not well
>>> thought through, thoughts (these three words look so similar) about
>>> it.
>>
>> I think everybody has now heard enough arguments from anybody else, so
>> I suggest we stop arguing and go voting to see how the preferences are.
>>
>> Three options have been proposed:
>>
>> A. Include the change without way to opt-out
>> B. Include the change but only if it can be opted out
>>     (i.e., do not include it if it cannot be opted out)
>> C. Do not include the change
>>
>> In this subthread, please do not give any more arguments, just A, B or
>> C.
>>
>> My vote is B.
>>
>> Jürgen
>
> A.
>
> 	Kornel

I guess questions are still allowed. Shouldn't we have a vote on whether
to have a vote first? ;) Well, I guess this is just about adding it to
master, so we might change our mind later.

I take it that

1. Since the patch isn't finished yet, "the change" means "a change
along the way of the current patch".

2. Since the discussion was about a GUI switch, "way top opt-out" means
"GUI switch".

I haven't made up my mind yet, but I tend to prefer a GUI switch but
would rather have the change included in some form than not. Should I
vote A or B?
--
Daniel