[Request/idea] Preamble generalization

Richard Kimberly Heck rikiheck at lyx.org
Fri Aug 14 14:50:55 UTC 2020

On 8/14/20 7:06 AM, Lorenzo Bertini wrote:
> Hello devs,
> the recent discussion about Lyx being not LaTeX centric and my need to
> manually edit the CSS in LyXHTML output has got me thinking that the
> <LaTeX preamble> section in the document->settings could be
> generalized to just <preamble> and contain the LaTeX preamble, CSS
> etc. The main advantages would be:
> 1) less "special treatment" given to LaTeX;
> 2) more customizability for HTML and XHTML output, which is a
> substantial perk of this output that is otherwise lost;
> I'm thinking of something like this:
> LaTeX preamble:
> |-----------------------------|
> | \allordisplaybreaks |
> |-----------------------------|
> CSS:
> |-----------------------------|
> | h2.section {...        |
> Let me know what you think.

UI-wise, this would probably be better than what we have, but you can
already do this with Local Layout. Like this:

Format 61

AddToHTMLPreamble

h2.section { font-size: 150%; font-weight: bold; }

EndPremable

You can put anything else in there that you want in the head block, too.

Do feel free to file an enhancement request on the bug tracker.