[Request/idea] Preamble generalization

Lorenzo Bertini lorenzobertini97 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 11:06:17 UTC 2020

Hello devs,
the recent discussion about Lyx being not LaTeX centric and my need to
manually edit the CSS in LyXHTML output has got me thinking that the
<LaTeX preamble> section in the document->settings could be
generalized to just <preamble> and contain the LaTeX preamble, CSS
etc. The main advantages would be:
1) less "special treatment" given to LaTeX;
2) more customizability for HTML and XHTML output, which is a
substantial perk of this output that is otherwise lost;
I'm thinking of something like this:
LaTeX preamble:
| \allordisplaybreaks |
CSS:
| h2.section {...        |
Let me know what you think. Thanks a lot for this awesome program btw.