Depthbar optics

Daniel xracoonx at gmx.de
Thu Aug 13 16:06:47 UTC 2020

On 2020-08-13 16:51, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
> On 8/13/20 10:22 AM, Daniel wrote:
>> The depth bar looks a bit out of shape (both in stable and master).
>> The attached patch fixes this. See the attached screen captures - the
>> "before" is taken in stable and the after in master that is the only
>> reason why the length differs.
>
> Any idea why this is happening? It would be worth a bisect. Although the
> patch may work, it may simply be masking a problem that is coming from
> elsewhere.

I can't do a bisect. It takes ages to compile a version because I am
just using the installer script from Stephan which seems to compile
everything from scratch. I couldn't make his proper cmake/Xcode script
to work yet.

But it seems to me that part of the answer is that it wasn't taken into
account that fillRect creates a filled rectangle without the border set
by the pen. It seem pretty clear that this explains the part on the top.
And it has come up elsewhere (https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/11925). I
guess a warning about this could be added in the code to the fillRect
function. The lower part I am not so sure.

My fix might look a little indirect because I had to make sure to not
come into conflict with the re-painting of the rows. But I think it's a
clear improvement over the previous state.
--
Daniel