Font size names

José Abílio Matos jamatos at lyx.org
Tue Aug 11 18:28:03 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 11 August 2020 18.21.12 WEST Daniel wrote:
> Thanks. So, I guess the ten font-sizes in LyX are pretty LaTeX-centric
> to begin with.

One problem of the latex font size names IMHO is that it mixes logical with
physical markups (form vs content).

That is particularly visible in the choice of two of the names:
\footnotesize and \scriptsize.

I have a specific table to consult when I have to use raw latex or else the
order and names are almost like a lottery. :-)

That is why I also like Jürgen's suggestion because at least it is immediately
obvious the relation between them.

Or said otherwise when as the last time that you said "oh for this style the
optimal font size would be LARGE"? :-D

--
José Abílio