Font size names

Daniel xracoonx at gmx.de
Tue Aug 11 13:41:09 UTC 2020

On 2020-08-11 07:50, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
> Am Montag, den 10.08.2020, 21:44 +0200 schrieb Daniel:
>> Since I always considered LyX to be quite LaTeX-centric, I am
>> curious
>>
>> what application of LyX there is where one font size step down from
>>
>> normal wouldn't be footnote size and still it makes sense to have
>> the
>>
>> ten different font size steps exactly as in LaTeX.
>
> DocBook, XHTML.

I don't know anything about DocBook. But XHTML doesn't have ten
different font sizes.

As for the other thread, if you consider the layout format internals,
then the remark that it is merely internals has much less force because
LyX users will still come into contact with both naming schemes.

I am going to leave this discussion now. I think I expressed my
dissatisfaction with LyX's different naming schemes and made some
suggestions. It was just an idea I wanted to express.
--
Daniel