Font size names

Jürgen Spitzmüller spitz at lyx.org
Tue Aug 11 06:11:57 UTC 2020

Am Montag, den 10.08.2020, 19:34 +0200 schrieb Daniel:
> They are not just internal. For example, "giant" appears in the
>
> customization manual ("footnotesize" and "scriptsize" don't but
> neither do "smaller" and "smallest", I think it's just an unintended
> ommission).

Customization is not addressed at end users. It describes internals.

> And "giant" seems to be used for translations, e.g. German as pointed
> out above.

No, I think the reason is that "Gigantisch" is just a nicer expression
than "Riesiger" in German.

> Furthermore, "giant" is used in layouts, like the poster
> classes.

This is internal as well.

If we changed the internals (which is a file format change certainly
_and_ a layout format change) I'd rather go for something more
abstract, such as

\fontsize 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0, -1, -2, -3, -4

Jürgen