CMake Install Failure

Richard Kimberly Heck rikiheck at lyx.org
Sun Aug 9 06:48:03 UTC 2020

On 8/8/20 7:18 PM, Kornel Benko wrote:
> Am Sat, 8 Aug 2020 18:59:43 -0400
> schrieb Richard Kimberly Heck <rikiheck at lyx.org>:

>> Just ignore that then.
>>
>>> Also, it would be helpful to know if you can reproduce the problem with
>>> an out-of-source build. From what I understand, building inside the
>>> source directory is discouraged for both CMake and Automake.
>> Same error.
>>
>> Riki
>>
> As I understand, there are 3 possibilities
> 1.) 'gettext' is found. In this case the .gmo files are created
> in /cvs/lyx/lyx-pristine/build/po. But maybe not with 'sudo make install",
> because this changes the PATH.
> You have to use 'make all; sudo make install'
> or 'make package; sudo make install'
> 2.) if 'gettext' is not found, then the provided .gmo files from /cvs/lyx/lyx-pristine/po
> are copied into /cvs/lyx/lyx-pristine/build/po.
> 3.) The cmake is called without '-DLYX_NLS=ON'
> In this case no gmo files are created or copied. This seems to be the case here.
> Calling 'cmake -DLYX_INSTALL=ON' is probaly the best choice, because then the LYX_NLS is
> set automatically.
> So, if one wants to use 'make install' one has to configure it accordingly.

Sorry, I omitted the cmake step. Here's what I did this time:

mkdir build/ # from the LyX directory
cd build/
cmake ..
make
sudo make install

This used to work just fine but now doesn't. If instead I do:

cmake -DLYX_NLS=ON ..

then the gmo files are created, as you said. But, as I said, I did not
need to do that previously, I don't think.