Too much space between emphasized f and caret (cursor)

Daniel xracoonx at gmx.de
Wed Aug 5 07:50:48 UTC 2020

I noticed that the caret is differently placed after some characters.
For example, this gives the impression that there is a space between an
emphasized f and the caret, see attached screen capture. Previous
versions of LyX did not show this. I consider this a regression. The
selection highlight (blue rectangle) is also wider.

There seem to be some positive effects in the vicinity though. The right
side of f does no more dangle out of the insets. (Though the left side
still does.) However, if this is the only benefit, I am not sure it's
worth the cost.

I guess the ideal solution would be to have the cursor (and selection)
still close to the letter while giving more space in the inset. But I
don't know whether that is doable.

Daniel