#10571: Tabs not showing properly in macOS full (and split) screen

Pavel Sanda sanda at lyx.org
Mon Aug 3 21:45:25 UTC 2020

On Sun, Aug 02, 2020 at 10:55:55AM +0200, Stephan Witt wrote:
> Here is the current state of my patch to improve switch to/from full-screen.
>
> It contains additional code to detect switch to/from window maximize state.
> This is actually not used yet. On Mac it could be a possibility to implement
> the switch to/from the state you???ve called ???focus mode???. That???s why I left it
> as is ATM. The final patch will be without it and the maximize state can be done
> later. For now I???d like to ask Pavel how this is different and/or managed on Linux.
> Perhaps it doesn???t work the same way as on Mac.

With this patch I don't see any loss of functionality for our innate fullscreen lfun
and improvement with handling of WM's signal. Few strange differences remain (like
the command buffer appearance mentioned earlier), but I consider the current patch
as an improvement already  - so please go on.

It would be good if someone on more standard linux environment like GNOME/KDE
could test as well.