Groupbox layout

Daniel xracoonx at gmx.de
Sun Aug 2 13:51:21 UTC 2020

On 2020-08-02 14:08, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
> Am Sonntag, den 02.08.2020, 10:30 +0200 schrieb Daniel:
>> I suggest to add bold to groupbox titles. This is
>> also how it is done in Libre Office and MS Office.
>
> This is a style choice. Here (GTK Adwaita Style), they are bold.

So, at least it is not necessary to apply bold on all WMs. That leaves
at least macOS (and maybe Windows).

Here is how I see the situation: LyX is moving away from the default
(non-flat) styling of group boxes. On macOS there is no style guide for
such boxes. Hence the qt team does the styling. They did not give it
much love. So, I think it's up to LyX to take care of this because
otherwise the user is left in the UI-dust. Maybe a bold should be
applied for macOS only (and maybe Windows) then?

Daniel