LyX-Code layout

Jean-Marc Lasgouttes lasgouttes at lyx.org
Sat Aug 1 09:49:58 UTC 2020

Le 1 août 2020 08:41:32 GMT+02:00, Richard Kimberly Heck <rikiheck at lyx.org> a écrit :
>No, but there was some discussion. I suspect this one could also be
>changed.
>
>Maybe start a new thread with a subject-line like s/LyX-Code/Code/.
>Then
>again, I'd certainly want to hear from JMarc, and he won't be back for
>while....

If you were to ask me, I would answer that LyXCode should be killed (i.e. moved to a legacy module) and that we should add something based on alltt instead. LyXCode is just bad LaTeX and is flawed. If I remember well, one can have one empty line but not two consecutive ones, for example. And it does not accept multiple spaces without using ~.

This new thing could be named Code, although the name does not strike me as very good. We have Listings for code.

JMarc