#10571: Tabs not showing properly in macOS full (and split) screen

Stephan Witt st.witt at gmx.net
Sat Aug 1 07:32:47 UTC 2020

Am 31.07.2020 um 07:13 schrieb Daniel <xracoonx at gmx.de>:

> On 2020-07-30 21:21, Stephan Witt wrote:

>>> Thanks. I see two strange things:
>>>
>>> 1. Toolbars get reset after disabling the WM's fullscreen
>>> Steps:
>>> 1.1 Move a toolbar to a non-default position
>>> 1.2 Enter the WM's fullscreen mode
>>> 1.3 leave the WM's fullscreen mode
>> Yes, the patch was not perfect. I posted it to get some feedback if the strategy works on other platforms.
>> I’ll improve it now I know it works in principle. Pavel tested it on Linux and saw some problems but confirmed it’s general function.
>>> 2. It is not possible to leave fullscreen using LyX's Fullscreen menu entry
>>> Steps:
>>> 2.1 Click on menu View > Fullscreen
>>> 2.2 Click again on menu View > Fullscreen
>> This one I cannot see. Here it simply works.
>
> Okay, tested again. It happens under a special condition: when the LyX window is previously maximized (not in fullscreen but maximized by double clicking the title bar). So:
>
> 1. Double click the title bar (maximizes the window)

This one is configurable. Alternatively the double click sends it to the dock (minimize it).

> 2. Click on View > Fullscreen (enters fullscreen)
> 3. Click on View > Fullscreen (exits fullscreen)

I don’t understand what’s not working. It looks like maximizing the window is not full-screen.

Stephan