Searching reports

Richard Kimberly Heck rikiheck at lyx.org
Sun Apr 19 15:22:05 UTC 2020

On 4/19/20 6:47 AM, Daniel wrote:
> Seemingly reasonable searches in the general search field in trac
> fail. For example, I was searching for an author name, a word in the
> summary, and the component name: "racoon spacing mathed"
> (https://www.lyx.org/trac/search?q=racoon+spacing+mathed). However, it
> did not return a result even though the combination of these exists
> (https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/11845). Removing the component name,
> kind of solved the problem.

If you want to search for a component name, you need to use an Custom
Query and add the component combo box. Same for author. That gives:

https://www.lyx.org/trac/query?summary=~spacing&component=mathed&reporter=~racoon

which returns #11845 and #11827. (The tilde means 'contains'.)

By the way, since you have so many bug reports, you might want to set up
a custom page to track them, as I have here:

    https://www.lyx.org/trac/wiki/HomeRikiHeck

(Learned this trick from Vincent.) You just start by going to e.g.:

    https://www.lyx.org/trac/wiki/HomeRacoon

and then you can create and edit the page. Look at the code for mine, or

    https://www.lyx.org/trac/wiki/BugTrackerHome

to see how to do it.