Underline change tracking additions

Daniel xracoonx at gmx.de
Sun Apr 12 06:33:50 UTC 2020

I saw that a new preference was added to disable Underline change
tracking additions:

https://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/NewInLyX24#preferences

I just wanted to flag that this might make it harder to sensibly
implement change tracking of some other changes, such as text style
changes. For example, Libre Writer marks text style changes without
underline. I think it would be nice to implement text style changes as
Libre Writer does (minus making text bold which seems just an odd choice
but I might be missing something because it seems so obviously wrong to
me). (https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/1043#comment:21)

In contrast, the only application I came across without underlined
change tracking additions is Apple Pages. However, it does not support
tracking text style changes, as is currently the case in LyX as well.

Daniel