[lyx-announce] LyX 2.4.0 Alpha 1

Richard Kimberly Heck rikiheck at lyx.org
Wed Jan 13 16:51:08 UTC 2021

We are pleased to announce the release of the first alpha for LyX 2.4.0.
You can find source tarballs and binaries for Windows and OSX here:

http://ftp.lyx.org/ftp/pub/lyx/devel/lyx-2.4/

See this page

https://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/NewInLyX24

for a description of new features and updates. As you will note, there
are quite a few of those.

As always with alpha software, this is released only for testing
purposes. While some of the developers have been using this version, and
we believe it is fairly stable, there are likely to be some unpleasant
surprises. That said, we would greatly appreciate testing, especially on
Windows, where we have few developers.

Should you run into a problem, please report it on our bug tracker:

https://www.lyx.org/trac/newticket

(You may need to register, if you haven't already.) If you have
questions or comments, or aren't sure if what you have found is a bug,
please email the developer's list at lyx-devel at lists.lyx.org.